Yesterday (December 25th) I stopped at my local Starbucks for coffee and the newspapers. The place was “happening”, as usual. Talk about the community-building “third space” – people of all ages were meeting, reading, talking, using the free Wi-Fi. The hours were reduced from the normal six in the morning to nine at night, to […]
Archive | Community Development RSS feed for this section
With all the brouhaha over the potential privatization of the Toronto Public Library services, I received the same week (the same week!) a professional journal providing the reasons why a TPL librarian (a librarian!) will not lose her job to technology, and yes her position was identified. I have now moved from indigestion to depression. […]
A new website started up: Our Public Library: Great people, great library, great city. Not a bad tagline. But the misinformation! It was called Project Rescue. From what, I wondered? Well, it seems that the Toronto Public Library and its local branches are under threat. “We’re going to be outsourcing everything that is not nailed […]
Search Our Blog
Subscribe To Our Blog Via Email
- Time for a Time-Out June 10, 2014
- Fee-Based Programs – a New Business Model for Uncertain Times June 3, 2014
- Do We Need Different Revenue Streams? May 27, 2014
- Trends for Libraries May 20, 2014
- What is Your Brand? May 13, 2014
- Why Do Librarians Avoid Management? February 18, 2014
- Is this Racism? June 25, 2013
- How to Close Down Conversations May 8, 2013
- What is your Standard for Customer Service? July 2, 2013
- Top 10 Elite Job Interview Questions May 13, 2013
- Henry Quon: Dear Mr. Haycock, I came across your website th...
- The School Library: Where vs. Who | Open Shelf: […] his 2013 article “School Libraries and...
- Background documents on library transformation | Creston Library Visioning 2020: […] http://kenhaycock.com/blog/ […]...
- Public Library Advocacy: An Evidence-Based Perspective on Sustainable Funding » Public Libraries Online: […] Haycock, “Advocacy and Influence,” K...
- christine: Outsource Middle Management in libraries. Middle m...