How do you determine what makes a great branch manager? The results would be fairly obvious, I suspect… along the lines of have a clear vision and strategy for your team, help staff with career development, be productive and results-oriented… All standard stuff. Well, Google found the same results but they took a more methodical […]
Archive | Organizational Development RSS feed for this section
A team of researchers from three countries is examining how elected politicians and their senior administrators make decisions about funding and policy. We started looking at the effectiveness of advocacy for libraries and soon realized that our examination was backwards—we should look at why and how decisions are made and then match advocacy efforts to […]
You may be aware of this new report, but if not: The International City/County Management Association has released their study Maximize the Potential of Your Public Library. Their general recommendations are quite good. Here is the description: Learn how public libraries can help local governments tackle critical community priorities such as economic development, public safety, […]
If you are not subscribing to Governing, you are simply not keeping up with your political environment and the problems and solutions being discussed by local and provincial/state politicians and senior administrators. The current issues and innovations covered provide much to think about as well as a broadening network. For the past 20+ years, Governing, […]
Search Our Blog
Subscribe To Our Blog Via Email
- Time for a Time-Out June 10, 2014
- Fee-Based Programs – a New Business Model for Uncertain Times June 3, 2014
- Do We Need Different Revenue Streams? May 27, 2014
- Trends for Libraries May 20, 2014
- What is Your Brand? May 13, 2014
- Why Do Librarians Avoid Management? February 18, 2014
- Is this Racism? June 25, 2013
- How to Close Down Conversations May 8, 2013
- What is your Standard for Customer Service? July 2, 2013
- Top 10 Elite Job Interview Questions May 13, 2013
- Henry Quon: Dear Mr. Haycock, I came across your website th...
- The School Library: Where vs. Who | Open Shelf: […] his 2013 article “School Libraries and...
- Background documents on library transformation | Creston Library Visioning 2020: […] http://kenhaycock.com/blog/ […]...
- Public Library Advocacy: An Evidence-Based Perspective on Sustainable Funding » Public Libraries Online: […] Haycock, “Advocacy and Influence,” K...
- christine: Outsource Middle Management in libraries. Middle m...