Knowing library culture, I probably should have known better. Two weeks ago I posted some “thoughtful questions” about library conferences and accountability. Nothing wrong with that. But then I went to a library conference. Went with a dozen or so graduate students to discuss professional socialization and trend-spotting. Invited association leaders to speak to them […]
Tag Archives | Community Facility
A year ago, I wrote the blog posting below. I took a lot of flack for it. Who wants to work on Christmas Day? Not me! My area has declared a new holiday in February. Family Day. Instead of boldly announcing that libraries will be open and programming for families on that day, library […]
Search Our Blog
Subscribe To Our Blog Via Email
- Time for a Time-Out June 10, 2014
- Fee-Based Programs – a New Business Model for Uncertain Times June 3, 2014
- Do We Need Different Revenue Streams? May 27, 2014
- Trends for Libraries May 20, 2014
- What is Your Brand? May 13, 2014
- Why Do Librarians Avoid Management? February 18, 2014
- Is this Racism? June 25, 2013
- How to Close Down Conversations May 8, 2013
- What is your Standard for Customer Service? July 2, 2013
- Top 10 Elite Job Interview Questions May 13, 2013
- Henry Quon: Dear Mr. Haycock, I came across your website th...
- The School Library: Where vs. Who | Open Shelf: […] his 2013 article “School Libraries and...
- Background documents on library transformation | Creston Library Visioning 2020: […] http://kenhaycock.com/blog/ […]...
- Public Library Advocacy: An Evidence-Based Perspective on Sustainable Funding » Public Libraries Online: […] Haycock, “Advocacy and Influence,” K...
- christine: Outsource Middle Management in libraries. Middle m...