Guest blog by Scott Hargrove, director of IT and support services for the Fraser Valley Regional Library, and a presenter on digital competition at the Future of Libraries Institute. In a previous blog posting (2013 11 25), I noted the incredible growth of non-traditional competition that libraries are facing in the digital era. At the […]
Tag Archives | Library Future
What do remarkable associations do that others don’t? Well, wouldn’t you know it? There is some research in this area. There are seven measures that are common, stated below with a few comments and observations by me. Commitment to Purpose 1. A Customer Service Culture—“We’re here to serve you.” 2. Alignment of Products and Services […]
Guest blog by Paul Whitney The Economist in a recent article described the long-standing relationship between libraries and publishers as being like “a tired marriage”, that is, “reassuringly dull”. With the advent of the eBook, the relationship is now considered “a nail-biter”. This new tense reality is well appreciated by library staff struggling to […]
Guest posting by Jacqueline van Dyk Twenty years ago, I attended the National Summit on Information Policy, held in Ottawa. The world was on the brink of radical change – something that would later be called the World Wide Web was starting to happen. Those were heady days as technology leaders, forward thinkers and librarians […]
Search Our Blog
Subscribe To Our Blog Via Email
- Time for a Time-Out June 10, 2014
- Fee-Based Programs – a New Business Model for Uncertain Times June 3, 2014
- Do We Need Different Revenue Streams? May 27, 2014
- Trends for Libraries May 20, 2014
- What is Your Brand? May 13, 2014
- Why Do Librarians Avoid Management? February 18, 2014
- Is this Racism? June 25, 2013
- How to Close Down Conversations May 8, 2013
- What is your Standard for Customer Service? July 2, 2013
- Top 10 Elite Job Interview Questions May 13, 2013
- Henry Quon: Dear Mr. Haycock, I came across your website th...
- The School Library: Where vs. Who | Open Shelf: […] his 2013 article “School Libraries and...
- Background documents on library transformation | Creston Library Visioning 2020: […] http://kenhaycock.com/blog/ […]...
- Public Library Advocacy: An Evidence-Based Perspective on Sustainable Funding » Public Libraries Online: […] Haycock, “Advocacy and Influence,” K...
- christine: Outsource Middle Management in libraries. Middle m...