You have no doubt seen this video of an innovative approach to encouraging the use of stairs. If you haven’t seen it, take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbWjcNyOrk4 So, I started wondering how we could marry these innovations with the challenge of developing nimble, flexible organizational cultures (panthers rather than elephants to quote a colleague). We seem […]
Tag Archives | technology
Thomas Frey, futurist and executive director of the DaVinci Institute, worked with more than 300 library and municipal leaders recently to begin a conversation focused on libraries and cities preparing together for the future. The event was hosted by the Fraser Valley (British Columbia) Regional Library (FVRL). There are a number of converging forces that […]
Search Our Blog
Subscribe To Our Blog Via Email
- Time for a Time-Out June 10, 2014
- Fee-Based Programs – a New Business Model for Uncertain Times June 3, 2014
- Do We Need Different Revenue Streams? May 27, 2014
- Trends for Libraries May 20, 2014
- What is Your Brand? May 13, 2014
- Why Do Librarians Avoid Management? February 18, 2014
- Is this Racism? June 25, 2013
- How to Close Down Conversations May 8, 2013
- What is your Standard for Customer Service? July 2, 2013
- Top 10 Elite Job Interview Questions May 13, 2013
- Henry Quon: Dear Mr. Haycock, I came across your website th...
- The School Library: Where vs. Who | Open Shelf: […] his 2013 article “School Libraries and...
- Background documents on library transformation | Creston Library Visioning 2020: […] http://kenhaycock.com/blog/ […]...
- Public Library Advocacy: An Evidence-Based Perspective on Sustainable Funding » Public Libraries Online: […] Haycock, “Advocacy and Influence,” K...
- christine: Outsource Middle Management in libraries. Middle m...